Thursday, July 24, 2008

One Posh Mama!

I'd like to think I have a pretty good handle on children's fashion. I know what I like and what I don't like and because of my history in retail (both growing up in the fashion industry and working in the children's department at Neiman Marcus) I am very picky as to what I allow on the Dreamscapes Baby Boutique store. I like to support other WAHMs, those that are out there creating their own niche in the marketplace and carving out a piece for themselves. They've found something missing and took the initiative to create it themselves. I have to say, as far as working with new designers and adding new products to the boutique, there is one place that I've found more vendors than any other. Not only that, but I've created friendships with the people whose products I sell, which adds something special every time someone buys from me. I know it doesn't only help me, it helps them further their goals as well. That place is PoshMama!

Posh Mama Online Magazine and Social Network is a positive and upbeat community made up of women from around the world. You will feel immediately welcomed as it is the sweetest spot on the 'net. Come hang out, network and make some great friends at www.poshmama.com. I invite anyone moms out there or any women entrepeneurs to check it out. I honestly believe that knowing the person and not just the product is incredibly important. Neiman Marcus teaches their sales associates that you don't just get the sales, you get the friendships. I made friends with many of my former clients and I know how important it is to buy from someone you trust. That's one reason I started this blog. I wanted an outlet to express myself while talking about the store, but also to foster those personal relationships that are so important to me.

Before you buy online, get to know the person you're buying from. I encourage you to get to know me as well.

Keep Dreamin',

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I wanted to write to you, but couldn't find your email, so thought I'd leave a comment instead. We at Wowzio have build some beautiful and engaging widgets for your blog.
These pull up content, images & user-activity from your blog automatically, auto update, and are free of charge. Please take a look at the "Panoramic Slideshow", "Live Activity" and "Feed Content" widget for your blog at
See Wowzio Widgets for Your Blog

I apologize for having to leave a comment, please note it is not my intent to spam you.

Thx-Alisha
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber, I just came upon your blog and stopped to read some of your post. I enjoyed them all. I especially enjoyed the one about the salesperson being connected with the clients. I know from my experience that when I am shopping I like to connect with the person that is helping me,if I don't connect I will probably not buy or will leave the store. Also must say I love Giraffe prints!! I will be back to visit,but in the meantime I would like to invite you visit my blog and give me a shout out. Thanks so much!! JJ